100 meter på under 10 sek?

Guest Slettet_020112

Tja, overskriften siger det: er der nogensinde en hvid som har løbet 100 meter på under 10 sek?? Jeg kan umiddelbart ikke finde nogen, men det siger måske mere om mine søgemaskine-evner??

Tja, overskriften siger det: er der nogensinde en hvid som har løbet 100 meter på under 10 sek?? Jeg kan umiddelbart ikke finde nogen, men det siger måske mere om mine søgemaskine-evner??

Fandt følgende på nettet: "No white sprinter can be found on the list of 100-meter sprinters; the best time by a white, 10 seconds, ranks more than 200th on the all-time list."

Og: "All of the 32 finalists in the last four Olympic men's 100-meter races are of West African descent. The likelihood of that happening based on population numbers alone-blacks from that region, now living around the globe, represent approximately 8 percent of the world's population-is 0.0000000000000000000000000000000001 percent."

Citaterne er fra hjemmesiden: TABOO: Why Black Athletes Dominate Sports And Why We're Afraid to Talk About It

Fandt følgende på nettet: "No white sprinter can be found on the list of 100-meter sprinters; the best time by a white, 10 seconds, ranks more than 200th on the all-time list."

Og: "All of the 32 finalists in the last four Olympic men's 100-meter races are of West African descent. The likelihood of that happening based on population numbers alone-blacks from that region, now living around the globe, represent approximately 8 percent of the world's population-is 0.0000000000000000000000000000000001 percent."

Citaterne er fra hjemmesiden: TABOO: Why Black Athletes Dominate Sports And Why We're Afraid to Talk About It

Facts:

Marian Woronin ran a 10.00 in the 100 meters, the closest a white man has come to breaking the sub-10 barrier.

Since the first man ran the 100 meters in under 10 seconds, the sprinter of European ancestry has tried to match this feat. The feat could be compared to that of Roger Bannister, the first man to run the mile in under 4 minutes. When Bannister acheived what was once thought to be impossible, it was applauded as a major breakthrough! Today, milers from around the world have broken the 4 minute barrier hundreds of times.

The fastest white sprinter to ever run the 100 meters is Marian Woronin of Poland, who recorded his fastest time around 40 years ago. In fact, the white sprinters from the 60's and 70's seemed to be closer to breaking the 10-second barrier than many of today's white sprinters.

Woronin holds the "white" record with a time of 10.00 seconds flat. Armin Harry of Germany and Valeriy Borzov of Russia also came within a few hundreths of a second to a sub-10 100.

In the 80's the most notable white sprinter was the great Allan Wells of Scotland. He was a long jumper until his mid-twenties. He switched to the 100 and the rest is history. He improved his times from the 10.65 range up to around the 10.10 range. He won the gold in the Olympics and beat most all of the dominant sprinters of that era.

It is ironic that a long jumper who switched events so late in his life could become so good. Wells worked as hard as anyone to achieve his sucess.

Moving forward to the 90's and into the 00's up until today the fastest white sprinters over the last decade are Matt Shirvington of Australia and Nic Macrozonaris of Canada. They both have a personal best in the 100 meters of 10.03. So close to that magical 9.99 or below hence the term sub 10!

There have been 39 sprinters to go under 10 seconds in this event. Out of that group, only one was not of western African heritage. Patrick Johnson of Australia is the only non-black. He is half irish and half aboriginee. No white, hispanic, native american, or Asian has achieved this magical number.

What are the reasons for this? We could go on for weeks with different theories. Some are more credible than others. Steroids has played a role in some of these incredible times. The U.S. and other countries have a history of cheating and covering it up. Other people look at genetics.

My conclusion is that it is mostly a mental barrier just as was the 4 minute mile. White sprinters today should be blowing away the times of the white sprinters of the 60's, 70's and 80's. Why aren't they? They have been psychologically brainwashed into believing that they are not as good physically. Once a person believes a myth to be true, it takes on some truth. Whites more than anyone are holding themselves back.

A lot of people ask when it will happen? My conclusion is that we are about to see it very shortly. There are around five sprinters capable of doing it right now. I will go more into them in my next article. Ask yourself this — if whites can go sub-20 in the 200 meters, why not sub-10 in the 100? Three white sprinters have gone sub-20 in the 200 meters and a few more are about to. To run a sub-20 seconds in the 200 is an even more difficult feat in my opinion.

It can and will happen in the near future. After it does, it will put to rest one of the last great stereotypes out there. Until next time, hold onto that thought.

Det er Marian Woronin, som har været tættest på med sine 10.00 fra 1984.

For et par uger siden løb en hvid sydafrikaner under 10, men efterfølgende viste det sig, at han havde tyvstartet og at tidtadningen stod forkert...

Svenskeren Peter Karlsson løb 9,98 s i 1996, men medvinden var for kraftig til at tiden kunne anerkendes (4,0 m/s).

Woronin holds the "white" record with a time of 10.00 seconds flat. Armin Harry of Germany and Valeriy Borzov of Russia also came within a few hundreths of a second to a sub-10 100.

Jeg mindes at have læst, at Borzovs tid rent faktisk blev opnået i svag modvind, og at den kunne have været ca. 9.95, hvis man i stedet indregner den "lovlige" medvind.

Hvis jakla er hvem jeg tror det er, så er der næppe nogen større ekspert på dette område end ham!

Ingen hvid mand har brudt 10 sekunders grænsen lovligt. Kommer det nogensinde? Bestemt! Kommer vi til at opleve det? Vides ikke. For faktum er, at hvor der i start-00'erne var nogle stykker som havde mulighed for at kunne gøre det, så ser det lidt mere "sort" (no pun intended) ude på den front nu.

Der findes bare ikke længere de klare stjerner blandt de hvide.