All-Stars > Ironworks

Tunen

Henrik er vel sammen med Tonni iblandt dem der står breddest herhjemme. Men jeg vil nu ikke mene, at nogen af dem står blot i nærheden af Clive´s bredde.

Susse står vist også rimeligt bredt, gør hun ikke? :superman:

Fed tråd iø med mange lækre videoer. :tongue4::devil:

Nu hvor jeg tænker over det har vi faktisk en gut herhjemme, som står ret bredt.

En gut, jeg mødte på seminaret. Nok blandt de tungeste løftere herhjemme. En gut, der er inspireret af WSB, EFS osv. og, som også render rundt med EFS, WSB apperal. Nogen der kan sætte et navn på ham, for han stod temmelig bredt.

det er lidt en hån mod Paul Anderson at udråbe nogle af de andre som kongen af squat. Der er ingen over, ingen ved siden af paul anderson når det kommer til squat

Helt enig.

Lidt om Paul Anderson:

What impressed me (and many others) even more than his official lifts, however, was Paul Anderson's still unequaled prowess in the deep knee bend or squat. Outshining his historic performances in the Olympic lifts, Dr. Strossen writes, "[Anderson's] squatting ability surpassed anyone's wildest dreams...He was getting close to squatting double what the record had been before he assaulted it." At a time when the world record was around 650, Anderson was doing 900 pounds for reps in exhibitions. He eventually squatted 1160 before reputable witnesses at Muscle Beach and again on The Ed Sullivan Show before a national television audience. Pressed for his all-time best, Anderson told Strossen, "I did 1200 face value with no reservations whatsoever." As to doubting Thomases, he said, "My squatting power was never challenged or no one ever disputed it after they saw me do, say, 10 reps with 800"--which he did many times as a guest lifter at early powerlifting contests.

Guest Slettet bruger
Helt enig.

Lidt om Paul Anderson:

Jeg håber du er klar over hvor stor debat der er om Paul Anderson's styrke.

2 ting er sikre:

1.) Paul Anderson var uhyggeligt stærk

2.) Paul Andersons styrke er også uhyggeligt overdrevet.

De tal er absolut ikke gode varer, og ikke noget grundlag for at jeg ville kalde Paul the "king of squat".

Guest Slettet bruger

Blandet om Paul Anderson og squat:

f you haven't seen it yet, Tom Ryan has two CDs for sale, $20 including postage in the USA. On there is Paul doing 9 reps with 800. I don't recall seeing this feat on the professionally-done Anderson tape which I have, and strongly recommend. However, the 9 reps with 800 show Paul's strength but they are above parallel so it substantiates what others have said about his squats being high. Now, that being said, I've seen videos of other squats that have been passed that were no better than Anderson's. I will say that most of his his squats, the ones I've seen, would never pass current IPF judging which is pretty strict. The photo I have seen of his 830 looked deep so he could go down when necessary. I have a back view of his 930 and it doesn't appear he bottomed out--but again, camera angle, was it taken at the bottom, all play into final judgements. The photo in the Mightiest Minister book also is above parallel.

I was very interested to read your comments concerning the depth of Paul Anderson's squats. Just to throw 'a spanner in the works' (so to speak),through the years I have read comments validating the depth of his squats from such Iron Game notables as Tommy Kono (who witnessed Anderson perform ten easy reps with close to 700lbs in training at the 1955 Munich Worlds) and the late Pat Casey (who saw Anderson squat ten reps to below parallel with 800lbs out on Muscle Beach in 1957). Also FWIW here's an excerpt from an article by Bob Hise in a 1987 issue (Vol.9 No.7 - pages 6 to 9) of his IOL magazine paying tribute to Paul Anderson - this may possibly help to explain why there is so much misinformation about concerning Anderson's professional career:

I saw Paul's 1957 strongman act in Reno. He squatted as low as his ponderous thighs would allow him to go. All the way down with quads against his calves. He did this easily with no knee wraps or supportive suits that today's powerlifters use. Here in Paul's own words are the details:

"The 1,160lbs that I lifted were silver dollars,and the cases they were in were accurately weighed. This seemed to be a little easier than a regular barbell,since the weights were suspended down and there was nothing on top of the bar. Possibly this gave me a little more leverage,and I had no trouble doing the act three times a day. My best ever squat was just slightly over 1,200lbs."

Make of that what you will,Dale - however be aware that this is the same article in which Hise claims to have witnessed Paul perform such feats as a 380lb dumbbell side press and a 600lbx3 push press!!!

like his backlift there is (IMHO) just too much controversy over the actual poundage of Anderson's "Silver Dollar" squats in Reno to take them into consideration - Paul himself stated that they were accurately weighed at a total of 1160lbs,yet strangely enough,the weight was apparently only advertised by the promoters as being 900lbs (?). I don't find it surprising,though,that nobody ever accepted the challenge of duplicating this feat - after all,way back then the closest that anyone had ever come to Paul's mammoth efforts was Doug Hepburn with a training squat of 760lbs in 1957. I've read that Paul personally claimed a best squat of a little over 1200lbs (presumably on one of his own training bars) and for many years the "Guiness Book Of Records" also credited him with a career best squat of 1200 (along with a bench press of 627lbs and an 820 deadlift),which I feel was highly open to doubt as it has never been validated by an accurate confirmed source.

I know that Anderson's squats have been debated for years. There's no doubt the guy was a powerhouse and he's still a hero of mine! One irony is that I have a photo of him doing 800 from an April 53 S&H which definitely proved that he could break parallel; it's just that there's no photographic proof of him ever doing that los with larger numbers.

I saw Anderson perform a few times and also have video footage of him squatting. The only deep squat I've seen him perform was the picture in S&H of him squatting with 762 or so for a new world record.

The new issue of PLUSA has mis-information regarding the lifts of Paul Anderson, and errors continue to sprout anew on the internet.

This is simply bewildering to me and shows a lack of awareness- or perhaps an awareness of incorrect source material- regarding facts about Paul's lifting. Certainly what he lifted in competition can be determined, but is then sometimes ignored in favor of enhanced numbers done on vague days, someplace, at an approximate time.

Here are some questions.

How many squats did Paul perform in front of the audience with the Silver Dollar barbell at the Mapes Hotel in Reno? How many shows per day at that hotel? How many reps per show. How many days did he appear at the Mapes? Was the Mapes in Reno or was it in Las Vegas?

Such questions are incorrectly answered more often than they are correctly answered.

- blot lidt af meget.

at Anderson skulle være stærkere i squat end Captain Kirk finder jeg sgu tvivlsomt. Og nu har Randall Strossen behandlet spørgsmålet om Anderson's backlift med alt andet end rationel, objektiv tilgang.

Edited by ARMADA_I

Guest Slettet bruger
Der er så meget tvivl om, hvad Anderson vitterligt har løftet at det er svært at tage helt seriøst. Desuden ville hans dybde aldrig kunne godkendes.

Exactly.