Mikrobølgeovn, godt eller skidt?

Lass3

Davs, hvad er jeres holdning til mikrobølgeovne?

Der er jo nogen der påstår man ødelægger mineraler og vitaminer ved at tilberede/opvarme sin mad på den måde.

Har hørt det mange gange og set diverse sider skrive om det.

F.eks. http://2012indyinfo.com/2012/02/11/microwave-test-an-eye-opener-employee-news/

Jeg bruger dog selv mikro'en en eller to gange dagligt til opvarmining af kylling/ris/grøntsager osv. Tror ikke helt på det så "skadeligt" men hvad mener i?

Edited by Lass3

Testen i linket er nok noget af det mest useriøse jeg har set længe. Du kan på ingen måde drage nogen konklusion ud fra et hjemmeforsøg i den stil.

Der er vist ingen holdbar dokumentation for at en mikroovn skulle være skadelig på nogen måde.

Nej jeg tror heller ikke på det der, det var bare et eksempel det er jo ikke første gang man hører det.

Der er selvfølgelig osse andre meninger: http://www.abc.net.au/health/talkinghealth/factbuster/stories/2007/12/12/2106664.htm

Nogen der ved om der er lavet tests af vitamin indhold og lign i mad der har været i mikro og tilberedt almindeligt? Kunne da være spændende at se :)

Nej jeg tror heller ikke på det der, det var bare et eksempel det er jo ikke første gang man hører det.

Der er selvfølgelig osse andre meninger: http://www.abc.net.a.../12/2106664.htm

Nogen der ved om der er lavet tests af vitamin indhold og lign i mad der har været i mikro og tilberedt almindeligt? Kunne da være spændende at se :)

Wikipedia to the rescue:

Several studies have shown that if properly used, microwave cooking does not change the nutrient content of foods to a larger extent than conventional heating, and that there is a tendency towards greater retention of many micronutrients with microwaving, probably due to the shorter preparation time.[21] Microwaving human milk at high temperatures is contraindicated, due to a marked decrease in activity of antiinfective factors.[22] Any form of cooking will destroy some nutrients in food, but the key variables are how much water is used in the cooking, how long the food is cooked, and at what temperature.[23] Nutrients are primarily lost by leaching into cooking water, which tends to make microwave cooking healthier, given the shorter cooking times it required.[24] Microwave ovens do convert vitamin B12 from the active to inactive form, making approximately 30-40% of the B12 contained in foods unusable by mammals.[25] A single study indicated that microwaving broccoli loses 74% or more of phenolic compounds (97% of flavonoids), while boiling loses 66% of flavonoids, and high-pressure boiling loses 47%,[26] though the study has been contradicted by other studies.[27] To minimize phenolic losses in potatoes, microwaving should be done at 500W.[28]

Spinach retains nearly all its folate when cooked in a microwave; in comparison, it loses about 77% when cooked on a stove, because food on a stove is typically boiled, leaching out nutrients. Bacon cooked by microwave has significantly lower levels of carcinogenic nitrosamines than conventionally cooked bacon.[23] Steamed vegetables tend to maintain more nutrients when microwaved than when cooked on a stovetop.[23] Microwave blanching is 3-4 times more effective than boiled water blanching in the retaining of the water-soluble vitamins folic acid, thiamin and riboflavin, with the exception of ascorbic acid, of which 28.8% is lost (vs. 16% with boiled water blanching).[29]

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...