Er det mest sundt at være let overvægtig?

Schroinx

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/features/why-being-overweight-means-you-live-longer-the-way-scientists-twist-the-facts-10158229.html

"Perhaps you think I am being selective and only choosing one misleading paper. Well, here are the conclusions of another study done in Canada in 2010: "Our results are similar to those from other recent studies, confirming that underweight and obesity class II+ (BMI > 35) are clear risk factors for mortality, and showing that when compared to the acceptable BMI category, overweight appears to be protective against mortality." I love the way they couldn't bring themselves to say "normal" BMI. They had to call it "the acceptable BMI category". This, I suppose, helps to fend off the inevitable question. If people of normal weight have shorter lifespans than those who are overweight, why do we call them normal? Surely we should call them "mildly underweight", at which point we would have to call people who are now considered overweight "normal"."

Manden her er godt nok ude og sælge en bog, men alligvel.

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/features/why-being-overweight-means-you-live-longer-the-way-scientists-twist-the-facts-10158229.html

"Perhaps you think I am being selective and only choosing one misleading paper. Well, here are the conclusions of another study done in Canada in 2010: "Our results are similar to those from other recent studies, confirming that underweight and obesity class II+ (BMI > 35) are clear risk factors for mortality, and showing that when compared to the acceptable BMI category, overweight appears to be protective against mortality." I love the way they couldn't bring themselves to say "normal" BMI. They had to call it "the acceptable BMI category". This, I suppose, helps to fend off the inevitable question. If people of normal weight have shorter lifespans than those who are overweight, why do we call them normal? Surely we should call them "mildly underweight", at which point we would have to call people who are now considered overweight "normal"."

Manden her er godt nok ude og sælge en bog, men alligvel.

Tager han udgangspunkt i kun BMI, eller inddrager han også andre variabler? Hvis han udelukkende ser på BMI er det vist bare pseudovidenskab der bekræfter overvægtige i de ikke behøver ændre noget - og folk kan jo godt lide at få ret :rolleyes:

Hvis man sammenligner tyndfede personer uden nogen fysisk aktivitet med "normal" BMI, og så dem der træner, er fysisk aktive hver dag, spiser sundt et.c. med lidt højere BMI, ja så ville det da være mærkeligt hvis sidstnævnte ikke var sundere.