Mindre træning giver mere fedtforbrænding

Hr.Kirchebrandt

Nedskrevet fra Podcasten. Det er Dr. Chris, der er i gang med at læse ugens videnskabsnyheder op.

I know your so fit and active that this probably wouldn’t apply to you anyway, Helen. But when you go and take exercise, people often think that the more you do the better, More exercise, the fitter your are, the more calories you burn, more weight you loose, all that kind of stuff.

And it’s just not true it turns out because Japanese researchers decided to put this dogma to the test. They got six young healthy men and they gave them or randomized them to in a randomized sequence to go on an exercise bike for sixty minutes, or thirty minutes and then have a twenty with your feet up and then have another thirty minutes or sixty minutes in an armchair. Now that would be me with the sixty minutes in an armchair.

What they did was to take blood samples from them thought out this cycle. And what this showed was that they burned more fat … they had more free fatty acids and glycerol in their blood stream when they took the interrupted exercise regime then when they did the full on intensive sixty minutes of exercise.

So why do we think that this is? I mean why is it best to interrupt your exercise?

It might be because you prime the body into a fat burning state, and when you have a bit of a rest it still primed for more fat burning so hen you resume the exercise it even mobilizes even more resources because you’ve now had the opportunity to prepare even more for more exercise. It’s more physiological, you know, our ancestors wouldn’t have done a burst of exercise caching something and then absolutely nothing. They probably would have done fits of starts of exercise. It’s not surprising that your bodies’ systems would be optimized as to burn energy in that way.