GPP

RuneB

jeg har postede det her topic på et andet forum. I må meget gerne kommenter her eller join diskussion her:

http://www.elitetrac...ewthread/10161/

While GPP mostlyindicates a specifik point in the season where there is a focus on physicalpreperation, physical preparation is an interesting topic in it self.

Tudor talks aboutanatomical adaption, but i think this term lags focus on several things ex.

- Movement mechanics

- soft tissue quality

- muscle balance

- joint health

- mobility

- muscle tone

- biological factors (this off topic for this post)

In athletics we doall kinds of physical preperation stuff. Tempo runs, hurdle walk overs,cirquit, and so forth. This is not only anatomical preparation. Also the bestway to anatomical prepare for running or lifting is, running or lifting withlower intensity or volume. Some specific work can be done with slow speedstrengthning excercises but its hard to prepare specifically enough becausepeople sprint differently.

i postede this in an earlier thread:

“I am learning alot from people writing specifik examples of workouts on thissite. I can analyse the program and look for pros and cons. Also if somethingseems odd i research the detail. Also its gives an opportunity to discusspecifik details in more pragmatic kontekst even if its just on paper.”

...and asked for specifik workouts and people shared some good stuff but i feeli need to dig a bit deeper to get some good answers.

In the thread we agreed on the need for specifik preperation for specifik workin the thread But we are still doing cirquits. Not that this is bad. I rememberand article proving less chance of injury from track and fields athletesfocusing on more tempo runs and cirquits.

I am gonna broadenthe scope a little with this topic and ask:

1. How do you measure physical preparedness

2. Which kind of cirquits do you train to become physical prepared and can youexplain the specifik purpose of each excercise. Please do if you can (i hopeeveryone catch the provocativ attitude her, as i am also trying to get peopleto think, with me, about the reason why we do what we do).

3. What is your experience with the effect of physical preparedness and thelack off (in relation to how your measuring and defining physicalpreparedness).

Edited by RuneB