ARNOLD CLASSIC 2008

Guest Kraft

Guest Slettet bruger

Press Release, Arnold Sports Festival

Posted By: Larry Maile (158.145.215.133)

Date: Wednesday, 11 April 2007, at 10:38 a.m.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

News Release: ARNOLD SPORTS FESTIVAL TO EXPAND IN 2008

USA Powerlifting, America's Premiere Powerlifting Organization to Present World Level Competition at the Arnold Sports Festival 2008

Columbus, Ohio --- USA Powerlifting (USAPL) will join the Arnold Sports Festival as a key partner in 2008. USAPL, the only US member of the International Powerlifting Federation (IPF), is headquartered in Columbia City, Indiana. The membership includes more than 5,500 men and women who compete with an organizational commitment to drug free performance.

"The Arnold Sports Festival will celebrate 20 years of excellence in sports performance in 2008," said Jim Lorimer, Producer of the annual event. "Each year, the event grows with additional sports and competitors. USAPL shares our commitment to the presentation of a professionally organized competition based on the principles of sportsmanship and a level playing field."

The IPF is the oldest and largest international governing body for the sport of powerlifting, and is recognized by the International Olympic Committee. Founded in 1971, the IPF includes member federations from more than 100 countries. The IPF also has an established relationship with WADA and pursues the strictest of antidoping procedures.

Dr. Larry Maile, President of USA Powerlifting, added, "USA Powerlifting is committed to the honor and integrity of competitive powerlifting. We are thrilled to join the Arnold Sports Festival in the presentation of this sport on a fair competitive platform emphasizing honor and respect. Our international affiliation with the esteemed International Powerlifting Federation will bring added attention to the sport and the Arnold Sports Festival."

The Arnold Sports Festival is held annually in Columbus, Ohio on the first weekend in March. The 2008 event will be held February 29, March 1-2 and will host 39 events - including 14 Olympic sports. In 2007, the Festival welcomed 150,000 visitors, 17,000 athletes, and generated an estimated $39 million for the central Ohio community.

Suzanne Irwin, Media

Arnold Sports Festival

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With this new development for USA Powerlifting comes many questions. Information will be forthcoming concerning the qualifications, meet structure, etc., for USAPL's involvement in the Arnold Sports Festival.

Please do not call or e-mail, information will be posted on this website as more details are available. I appreciate your patience.

Larry Maile

USAPL President

Super fed nyhed. Man kan dog frygte at USAPL vil falde en smule igennem ifht WPO på show siden.

WPO havde jo røgmaskiner, lysshow, løfterne har meget frie forhold med påklædning osv..

Det er dog en Kæmpe mulighed for IPF :4thumbup:

KK er langsomt men sikkert ved at ødelægge WPO.

Alle Westside Barbell drengene har trukket sig ud i protest og han truer en af de udenlandske løftere og coaches.

Super fed nyhed. Man kan dog frygte at USAPL vil falde en smule igennem ifht WPO på show siden.

WPO havde jo røgmaskiner, lysshow, løfterne har meget frie forhold med påklædning osv..

Det er dog en Kæmpe mulighed for IPF :4thumbup:

KK er langsomt men sikkert ved at ødelægge WPO.

Alle Westside Barbell drengene har trukket sig ud i protest og han truer en af de udenlandske løftere og coaches.

Hvad er KK? Og hvorfor har Westside drengene trukket sig ud? :smile:

Guest Slettet bruger
Hvad er KK? Og hvorfor har Westside drengene trukket sig ud? :smile:

KK er forkortensen for WPO´s formand / President Kieran Kidde.

Westside har trukket sig ud fordi forholdne var blevet utålige i et hvet hensende.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

FORKLARING:

Westside founder Louie Simmons has decided that Westside Barbell lifters will no longer compete in the APF or WPO. Simmons cites treatment of Ukrainian lifters by federation President Kieran Kidder at the WPO Finals last month as one reason why.

Simmons:

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Westside out

First I would like to apologize for the treatment of Taisia and Sergiy at the 2007 Arnold Classic, on the behalf of Westside Barbell and all of its lifters. Because of this, I Louie Simmons and all members of Westside Barbell, will not and cannot be associated with the APF and/or the WPO from this point on April 3, 2007.

I hope others with integrity will follow us in a new direction. If powerlifters don’t stand behind each other, regardless of race and nationalities, the integrity will crumble before our feet. My life has been dedicated to powerlifting for 41 years and all my memories and friendships have sprung from powerlifting. The fins, Germans and of course the Ukrainians are a large part of these friendships.

I would like to extend a warm invitation to all countries especially the Ukraine’s and of course Mr. Kutcher and Mr. Yarymbash and the 19 year old 100k lifter who was disqualified without doing a single deadlift, to come to Ohio and have a chance to win money and I mean guaranteed cash money competing against the best we have to offer. If our competitions from our foreign lands die, we die as well. We will treat you as we would like to be treated, fairly and with respect.

Once again, I would like to apologize to Taisia and her Ukrainian teammates.

Sincerely

Louie

Med til historien hører at der er en del løftere, der aldrig har fået de penge præmier de var lovet.

Det er derfor, at de ikke ville betale for at deltage i dette stævne.

KK er en meget speciel herre der styrer WPO diktatorisk. Han har på den ene side smidt en masse penge ind i projektet (fra egen lomme), men har på den anden side også opført sig som en total idiot i mange sammenhænge.

WPO er vist ved at falde fra hinanden.