Vægttræningslitteratur?

Lucas

Hejsa, og må i alle have et godt nytår!

Jeg savner lidt nyt litteratur. Har set på bogen "Effektiv bodybuilding" af svenskeren Ove Rytter. Er der nogle der kender denne bog, som kan anbefale eller fraråde den? Eller har i et forslag til en super vægttræningsbog, styrke- eller bodybuilding så skriv lige et indlæg. Tak!

:a-okhand:

Edited by Lucas

Zatsiorskys Science and practice of strength training. Forfatteren kommer ind på mange vigtige aspekter i træningen. For folk uden baggrundsviden i biomekanik – som jeg – kan visse passager i bogen da godt udgøre en udfordring. Bogen kan klart anbefales, da man ikke kan undgå at få et udbytte af den.

Supertraining - Mel Siff. Betragtes som en bibel indenfor vægttræningen. Kan ikke nævne et emne, der ikke dækkes i denne tekst. Man lærer bestemt meget af den - men der skal følges med. Ellers ryger du af. Personligt har jeg fået en del ud af visse kapitler, men der er også kapitler, jeg tvivler på jeg får læst. Jeg tager hvad jeg kan bruge fra bogen.

Derudover er navne som Charles Poliquin, Fred Hatfield, Ian King, Pavel Tsatsouline, Tudor Bompa, Brooks Kubrik m.v. ofte nævnt som værende OK litteratur. Har indtil videre kun læst (i) de 2 første, så jeg skal ikke kunne sige noget om kvaliteten.

Dog skal du droppe al litteratur der forsøger at sælge dig noget - f.eks. et træningssystem, der kan udføre mirakler eller er alt andet overlegent. I den dur...

Zatsiorskys kan købes hos www.saxo.com og Siffs hos www.elitefts.com, bl.a.

Mvh.

Claus J.

Nedenstående er direkte kopieret fra Yahoo Supertraining Group - anbefalingerne er skrevet af Chris Rice.

Tænkte det kunne være til nytte.

My thoughts on various books on strength training by Chris Rice

Many of these books are translated Russian texts, or books written in

English using the Soviet information; they were not written for light or general reading. I have

read all the books listed but have not studied them and do not make any claims of a true

understanding. That is my next goal; I will just give my impressions of each based on a quick, basic read. I

purchased some of these but I highly recommend the public library system - they can obtain many

of these for you at no cost - and these books are expensive.

All these books are in English but not in English if you know what I

mean; these are scientific texts and read like what they are. Many of these are texts about Olympic

style weightlifting and while those theories (facts?) remain true, the information will have to be

modified to fit your personal goals of Powerlifting, track and field, or other sporting activities.

If you read a lot of these, they become somewhat repetitive; but each offers a different perspective and

different way of wording which sometimes is more understandable.

I want to thank Andrew Charniga and others for translating many of the

Russian texts. Numbers 1 thru 7 are of a more general overview in nature and use the so called

Soviet or Eastern Block training methods learned from the Soviet studies but aimed at a wider range of

activities than just the Olympic weightlifting movements. Numbers 8 - 15 are the Olympic lifting texts

sold by Charniga. These deal with the Snatch and Clean and Jerk training. Most of us plan our

training day by day, these books talk about multi YEAR training and how to plan for it. Numbers 8 - 15 are

all somewhat similar but are different enough to warrant the reading of all. They cover in depth the

training for the snatch and C&J - from technique to different types of strength and periodization. As a

fledgling Olympic lifter, I found these invaluable.

Also worth reading are the many articles by Louie Simmons and Date Tate

- they drew heavily on many of these books in developing their Westside methods of training.

1. Supertraining by Mel Siff. This is the big daddy of fitness

books. Mel Siff covers just about everything one might want to know about training. Don't plan on getting through

this one in an evening of light reading. This one seems to have been written in English and seems easier to read

and comprehend than a lot of the translated books.

2. Facts and Fallacies of Fitness by Mel Siff. Interesting read of

commonly held ideas on training and why they are not accurate.

3. Serious Strength Training by Bompa and Cornacchia. I didn't like

this one as well as #4 below. Lots of pictures of exercises and pro bodybuilders. Some good info in it but it

seemed harder to sort it out. I very seldom like anything using roided out pro builders as examples of weight

training. I wouldn't buy this one myself.

4. Theory and Methodology of Training by Bompa. A good all around

book on Soviet style training that is more understandable than many. Not about weight training per se but

sport in general. Covers just about everything.

5. Secrets of Soviet Sports Fitness by Yessis. Kind of an overview

of Soviet training principles. It seems more general in nature than some others and designed to introduce soviet

ideas for all sports. Fairly easy to understand.

6. Science of Sports Training by Kurz. I found this one to be a

little harder to understand than others. Aimed at development of all sport training and not just weight training, it

seemed "busy" in its' explanations at times. It's like it's all in there but harder to get it out.

7. Science and Practice of Strength Training by Zatsiorsky. This

one I really liked, at times I even thought I understood parts of it. Often quoted by Louie Simmons and Dave Tate,

this one belongs on my "to buy" list.

8. The Snatch and Clean and Jerk by Roman and Shakirzyanov. This is

a book analyzing the technique of various lifters in the Snatch and Clean and Jerk. Probably has limited value to

anyone not learning the Olympic lifts.

9. The Training of the Weightlifter by Roman. Probably my favorite

of the group (8 - 15). It seemed to be somewhat easier to understand than some of the others. The yearly and

long term plan instead of just the day to day routine.

10. Managing the Training of Weightlifters by Laputin.

11. A System of Multi-Year Training in Weightlifting by Medvedyev.

12. Programming and Organization of Training by Verkhoshansky.

13. Fundamentals of Special Strength Training in Sport by

Verkhoshansky.

14. Weightlifting Training and Technique with several authors. Various

articles on Olympic weightlifting. Several are very interesting.

15. Weightlifting and Age by Dvorkin. The training of junior

weightlifters.

16. Olympic Style Weightlifting by Schmitz. A short book showing how

to perform the Olympic lifts and basic Olympic lift routines. There is also a video companion to

this book.

17. The Nautilus Bodybuilding Book by Darden. One part of training is

the "train to failure" principle. Often referred to as the Nautilus or HIT principle; it is a good read.

Darden does explain the principle well if in glowing and idealistic terms. The Russian texts also talk

about it (with a different name) but as part of a more complete program and not as the "only" way to train.

Remember Darden and Jones were selling something here besides the book.

18. Dinosaur Training by Kubik. A really good motivational book.

Kubik has his own beliefs and after reading the book, you really want to run out and try some of this stuff.

I think this might just be the way to train if you're a construction worker and need all around strength in

every direction. It wouldn't hurt anyone to incorporate some of his ideas once in a while if you lift for

general pleasure and not for specific type competitions. Well, maybe even then.

19. Keys to Progress by McCallum. I grew up on McCallum in Strength

and Health magazine. The guy is just plain fun to read and while training ideas have changed over the

years, remember a whole generation of lifters grew bigger and stronger on these programs. They are

bodybuilder oriented, but emphasize hard, hard work and are inspiring as all heck. A must read for any iron game

fan.

20. The Warrior Athlete by Millman. Not a weight training book at all

but talks about "the zone" in sport. Written in 1979, it's still an interesting read with value to all

athletes.

21. Power to the People by Tsatsouline. Easy to read with the Pavel

super salesman format. Pavel is an interesting read in any of his several books. Offers a very simplistic

approach to training that's not all that simple.

22. Beyond Stretching by Tsatsouline. A book on flexibility that

pretty much covers it all, including how much is too much.

23. Stretching Scientificly by Kurz. Similar but not identical to 22

above.

24. IronMind Stronger Minds, Stronger Bodies by Strossen. This is a

true must read for atheletes. It's not all that interesting, it's not really fun to read; but it's all about

the other side of things. You know the half the really good guys have that the rest of us don't. Mental, emotional,

and all the rest of the not so little things that have to all come together for success.

25. Overtraining in Sport by Kreider, Fry, and O'Toole - dry and boring

come to mind but has some good info in it.

26. Enhancing Recovery by Krellmann - more dry and boring interesting

information.

27. Power Eating by Kleiner. I hate reading diet books - I'm one of

those naturally skinny people and my diet theory is eat it quick before it gets away. I'm into volume with

nutrition as a side dish. This one follows pretty standard medical style theory of higher carbs, but does recommend

a protein level much more accepted by lifting standards. There's a newer version out than the one I read.

A pretty complete eating guide for athletes that makes more sense than most.

- Claus J.

Supertraining og Facts and Fallacies of fitness af Mel Siff, kan købes billigt direkte igennem ham selv på; [email protected]

Supertraining 2003 (OBS! ny udgave) for $50 surface (4-8 uger) og $74 airmail (5-8 dage).

Facts and Fallacies of fitness for $30 surface/$49 airmail.

Begge sammen for $93 surface/114 airmail.

Begge er anbefalesesværdige bøger.

Sample Chapters for downloading

Men oven i dette kommer så, told og moms.......

Det er kun når man handler uden for EU, så derfor kommer der ikke told og moms på varer fra c-of-c i Tyskland. Men som jeg husker det, tager de kun imod forudbetaling......var det ikke dig, Atom, der forhørte dig om forsendelse fra dem?