Some (English) questions about Odense and food ;-)

CeeDeeS

Hi everybody,

I'm a 22 year old student from Holland and I live in Odense this semester to study here...

Being an ectomorphic bodytype has made me decide last year to do something about it and start with practicing fitness, together with changing my eating habits. This made me gain 5 kilos in about 5 months, which was for me a good first result.

But here in Odense I find it quite difficult to keep up with this pace. I have finally found an affordable gym (at the Teknikum), but my eating habits could be better (it takes some time to adjust to the things I was used to buying in Holland which are not available here, and finding surrogate products for them). Therefore I was thinking of buying a weight-gainer again (which I also have been using in Holland during these 5 months) to make up for the kcals that I am not getting enough here. :4mewantfood:

For example, in Holland I used this one: http://www.interactivenutrition.com/products/mammoth2500.php

Via google I found this board, which looks a lot like a big Dutch forum about BB that I frequently visit for information gathering. Now my question to you guys is if you know a physical store in Odense where I could buy a weight gainer, or other nutritional or BB-like products.

Otherwise I might have to order one online, but I don't know how online payment methods will be and if I will find my way around on a Danish site (since my Danish is as much as zero).

Also if you know some good food (with many protein and kcals) easily and commonly available in the Danish stores I'm open to hearing these tips and advices.

For example I used to eat right before I went to sleep a bowl with a sort of extra thick yoghurt (more proteins than just yoghurt) together with cruesli (but again more proteins (about 12%) than the ones I see here in the stores (here they have about 6% protein)), and occasionally some extra creme fraiche, to boost up the kcals... do you guys know something like that available here?.

I'm looking forward to all the information you are able to provide me! :4thumbup:

Edited by CeeDeeS

First of all welcome to the board.

There is a lot of well-educated people here and I'm sure you will find the help you need.

If you aren't happy with the protein content in yoghurt, you could try fromage frais instead. The one from Netto has a protein content around 8g pr 100g (as far as I remember), other brands have a protein content around 11-12g pr 100g, and they are all lowfat and with a taste and texture like thick yoghurt. You will find it in most stores in ½ liter containers

-Camilla

Edited by camillabruun

For the weightgainer/protein powder order it online, its much cheaper than buying it from normal shops. And good luck with training and eating :smile:

Do you have any advice on certain stores which would be cheap?

I think I would be able to find my way around because Danish looks written quite similar to Dutch, and I can always use an online translator if I get stuck. Only paying methods might still be a problem, but maybe I can just pay with a creditcard...

And to FicusForPresident, I just went there this morning for the first time (after some administrational delay).. It looks a bit oldschool compared to the gym at my home university, but I think it will do the job :bigsmile:

Edited by CeeDeeS

Do you have any advice on certain stores which would be cheap?

I think I would be able to find my way around because Danish looks written quite similar to Dutch, and I can always use an online translator if I get stuck. Only paying methods might still be a problem, but maybe I can just pay with a creditcard...

And to FicusForPresident, I just went there this morning for the first time (after some administrational delay).. It looks a bit oldschool compared to the gym at my home university, but I think it will do the job :bigsmile:

Motion-online has a lot of advertisements on the page for webshops, which sell protein-powders, weight gainers, Creatine etc, click on one of them - the prices are quite equal.

There shouldn't be any problem in using your credit-card on the webshops, usually they take Visa. Remember to add 50dkr to the price for postal service, this will be done automatically by the webshop.

/Motta

Ok, I did some research via google.dk and came to the following options (just made screenshot, because I wasn't able to make a table here):

weightgainerszo9.jpg

All prices indeed add about 50 krohns for shipment.

As you can imagine my preference would be the Nutrilab GAINMAX, as it is the cheapest p/kg and has good nutritional values. I would take the chocolate as my experience is that that tastes the least awful :wink:

Now the only thing that I can't make up from these sites are the tastes of the different brands and how well they mix, as I know in Holland there's quite a big difference between the different brands.

So if there's anyone of you who has any personal experience or just knows which definitely taste awful, or leave big awful chunks behind, and which are relatively good in taste and mixing.

I'm btw thinking of buying a shaker as well (only 20 krohns), as I don't have a blender or anything at my disposal here.

Edited by CeeDeeS

Hmm I just put this sentence (Det er ikke tilladt at henvise til forhandlere af kosttilskud eller omtale specifikke kosttilskud ved produktnavn.) through my translator and I think it means something like we're not allowed to discuss specific productnames or brands?

If that is so, than apologees for my previous post. But if I'm totally wrong, than if somebody has some things to add to my post I would gladly read them asap because I'm thinking of making my order tomorrow or the day after...

Hmm I just put this sentence (Det er ikke tilladt at henvise til forhandlere af kosttilskud eller omtale specifikke kosttilskud ved produktnavn.) through my translator and I think it means something like we're not allowed to discuss specific productnames or brands?

Yes that is correct. The users on this forums can't advice you on what specific product to buy. Though i think its legal to do it in PMs (private messages).