Mere om Marius suspension

teddy

.....informing him of a 12 month suspension which could be revised subject to the athlete taking part in a rehabilitation course.

Er det almindelig praksis i doping tilfælde at tilbud rehabilitering imod at få nedsat straffen eller er det spicifik for strong man ??

Synes det er en lidt underlig praksis, såfemt det ikke ligefrem er et narkotika han er blevet knaldet på.

Det er ganske normalt, især i USA. F.eks. NHL, NBA, NFL & NBL har alle aftaler om at atleterne går i behandling hvis de bliver taget.

Niske

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ja, i USA var jeg egentligt - når jeg nu lige bliver mindet om det :wink: - godt klar over, at det er almindeligt, at de ryger på rehap. Men jeg var ikke klar over, at det samtidig betød nedsættelse af straffen !?!?

For så synes jeg da ikke 12 måneder er synderligt meget hvis man så kan få straffen... lad os sige.... halveret ved at gå på rehap. Så bliver det lige før at man kan sige at risikoen opvejes af straffen er kort, så den måske ikke ligefrem skræmmer folk væk.

Edited by laraag

• 4 weeks later...

Mariusz Pudzianowski and Glenn Ross have been invited to compete in the Arnold Strongman contest, filling the roster for the 2005 contest, confirmed contest coordinator Terry Todd, Ph.D.

Polish strongman star Mariusz Pudzianowski will be at the Arnold Strongman contest. Randall J. Strossen, Ph.D. photo.

Mariusz Pudzianowski "really seems to me to be a natural choice," said Dr. Todd, citing Pudzianowski's consistently top performances and his tremendous improvement from his first to his second appearance in the Arnold. Regarding the Polish star's recent IFSA suspension based on a drug test, Dr. Todd said that even though he does not know the specifics of the test involved, his understanding is that the test did not follow a WADA protocol, or similar standard, "so the wiser course was to invite Mariusz to the Arnold."

Glenn Ross, Dr. Todd said, "is just brutally strong. He has raw, brute strength."

The final field is Van Hatfield, Brian Siders, Vasyl Virastiuk, Zydrunas Savickas, Magnus Samuelsson, Svend Karlsen, Mark Philippi, Hugo Girard, and now, Mariusz Pudzianowski and Glenn Ross.

"Everybody is ready to go," Dr. Todd said