Udstrækning

Hessel

Jeg er igang med en skoleopgave om opvarmning. I den forbindelse skal jeg også komme ind på udstrækning og så var det jeg tænkte om der var nogen som havde nogle gode artikler der kunne henvises til udover den som er på MOL selvfølgelig. Meningen med denne tråd er IKKE at starte en uendelig diskussion om udstrækning virker eller ej. Jeg ønsker blot at få et videnskabeligt belæg for om jeg skal have udstrækning med i min opgave eller ej og om det skal være positivt eller ej. Det kunne være rart med nogle anerkendte ref.

Håber der er nogen som kan hjælpe. Jeg er nemlig ret presset! :bblush: :blink:

Hej Hessel.

Her er en rimelig ny en fra august 2002: Effects of stretching before and after exercising on muscle soreness and risk of injury: systematic review.

Den sammenfatter en masse tidligere studier, og kommer både ind på ømhed og risiko for skader. Indeholder 30 referencer til andre studier.

God fornøjelse. :wave:

Efter lige kort at have skimtet teksten igennem ville det ikke være helt forkert at skrive:

På baggrund af den litteratur som er på området har udstrækning ingen signifikant betydning for DOMS, risikoen for skader eller muskelømhed. Man kan generelt sige at der er for lidt literatur på området, men at den literatur som der er viser at udstrækning ikke har store nok fordele i forhold til hvor meget tid man skulle bruge på det.

Eller hva' sputnik?

En artikel som er enig med Herbert og Gabriel:

Clin J Sport Med 1999 Oct;9(4):221-7

Stretching before exercise does not reduce the risk of local muscle injury: a critical review of the clinical and basic science literature.

Shrier I.

Centre for Clinical Epidemiology and Community Studies, SMBD-Jewish General Hospital, Montreal, Quebec, Canada.

OBJECTIVE: To evaluate the clinical and basic science evidence surrounding the hypothesis that stretching immediately before exercise prevents injury. DATA SOURCES AND SELECTION: MEDLINE was searched using MEDLINE subject headings (MeSH) and textwords for English- and French-language articles related to stretching and muscle injury. Additional references were reviewed from the bibliographies, and from citation searches on key articles. All articles related to stretching and injury or pathophysiology of muscle injury were reviewed. Clinical articles without a control group were excluded. RESULTS: Three (all prospective) of the four clinical articles that suggested stretching was beneficial included a cointervention of warm-up. The fourth study (cross-sectional) found stretching was associated with less groin/buttock problems in cyclists, but only in women. There were five studies suggesting no difference in injury rates between stretchers and nonstretchers (3 prospective, 2 cross-sectional) and three suggesting stretching was detrimental (all cross-sectional). The review of the basic science literature suggested five reasons why stretching before exercise would not prevent injuries. First, in animals, immobilization or heating-induced increases in muscle compliance cause tissues to rupture more easily. Second, stretching before exercise should have no effect for activities in which excessive muscle length is not an issue (e.g., jogging). Third, stretching won't affect muscle compliance during eccentric activity, when most strains are believed to occur. Fourth, stretching can produce damage at the cytoskeleton level. Fifth, stretching appears to mask muscle pain in humans. CONCLUSION: The basic science literature supports the epidemiologic evidence that stretching before exercise does not reduce the risk of injury.

To som er uenige:
J Orthop Sports Phys Ther 1994 Jan;19(1):12-7

The warm-up procedure: to stretch or not to stretch. A brief review.

Smith CA.

UCT Sports Injuries Clinic, University of Cape Town, South Africa.

Stretching exercises are either performed alone or with other exercises as part of the athlete's warm-up. The warm-up is designed to increased muscle/tendon suppleness, stimulate blood flow to the periphery, increase body temperature, and enhance free, coordinated movement. The purpose of this paper is to review the literature regarding stretching, with the aim of defining its role during the warm-up. Implications of stretching on muscle/tendon flexibility, minimizing injury, enhancing athletic performance, and generally preparing the athlete for exercise are discussed. Physiology applied to stretching is also discussed together with different related techniques and practical aspects. A proposed model stretching regime is presented based on the literature reviewed.

Sports Med 1989 Oct;8(4):239-49

Warm-up and muscular injury prevention. An update.

Safran MR, Seaber AV, Garrett WE Jr.

Duke University Medical Center, Division of Orthopaedic Surgery, Durham, North Carolina.

Musculotendinous injuries are responsible for a significant proportion of injuries incurred by athletes. Many of these injuries are preventable. Importantly, musculotendinous injuries have a high incidence of recurrence. Thus, muscle injury prevention is advocated by coaches and trainers. Yet, most of the recommendations for muscle injury prevention are attempted by athletes and taught by coaches without supporting scientific evidence. This paper reviews the mechanics of muscular injury, associated and predisposing factors, and methods of prevention with a review of the supporting research and rationale for these methods with an emphasis on warm-up, stretching and strengthening. Muscles that are capable of producing a greater force, a faster contraction speed and subjected to a greater stretch are more likely to become injured. Many factors have been associated with muscular injury. From current research, some conclusions and recommendations for muscle injury prevention can be made. Overall and muscular conditioning and nutrition are important. Proper training and balanced strengthening are key factors in prevention of musculotendinous injuries as well. Warm-up and stretching are essential to preventing muscle injuries by increasing the elasticity of muscles and smoothing muscular contractions. Improper or excessive stretching and warming up can, however, predispose to muscle injury. Much research is still needed in this important aspect of sports medicine.

Flere artikler.

Jeg tror ikke der er nogen nem konklusion. :) Det er irriterende at jeg ikke har adgang til artiklerne i deres helhed men kun abstracts fra denne computer. :(

Du kan i hvert fald skrive, at der hersker uenighed i litteraturen, men at de nyeste undersøgelser (aug. 2002 og okt. 1999) viser at udstrækning før motion ikke forebygger skader samt (aug 2002) at udstrækning efter motion ikke forhinder ømhed. Ældre litteratur (jan. 1994 og okt. 1989) siger at udstrækning før motion er vigtig for at forhindre skader og (okt. 1989) at meget forskning stadig er nødvendig på området.

I Herbert og Gabriel er der referencer til 19 artikler fra 1994 og frem (udover Smith), så du kan nok godt forsvare at vægte de nyere undersøgelser tungest.

Konklusion i Herbert og Gabriel:

-What i already known on this topic:

1) Reviews of the effects of stretching before exercising have drawn conflicting conclusions.

2) The literature on effects of stretching before and after exercising on muscle soreness and risk of injury has not been systematically reviewed.

-What this study adds:

Stretching before and after exercising does not confer protection from muscle soreness and stretching before exercise does not seem to confer a practically useful reduction in the risk of injury.

Ingen af artiklerne beskæftiger sig med smidighed, men det er vel heller ikke det du er interesseret i?

Puha, det blev et af de længere indlæg, håber du kan bruge det til noget. :) :wave: