Jay Cutler's nye DVD

Johnny Bravo

jay-cutler-closer.jpg

At just under 6 hours long, One Step Closer begins September 19, 2005, four weeks out from the 2005 Olympia, and documents Jay through the Olympia contest and ends shooting on December 17, 2005.

One Step Closer has behind the scenes footage from the Mr. Olympia - from prejudging to backstage footage - prior to and following the Mr. Olympia (contest footage is not included)! More then just a training video, One Step Closer gives you never seen before point of view footage of the lifestyle on one of the sport's greatest athletes.

Jay's bodyweight starting at 283 lbs four weeks out, then dropped to 265 lbs on the morning of Olympia. Then his weight increased up to 293 lbs within two months. This DVD includes Jay's whole body workout routine, with footage of carb-up meals at home, his real disappointment backstage at the Mr. Olympia, the Olympia "after party" and more!

Mitsuru Okabe (producer) says "After shooting top pros last decade, this is the one of the best...!"

Release date : March 23, 2006; 349 minutes, Double-DVD Set.

Back

9-19-05 / 283lbs

-Front Pulldowns

-Deadlifts

-One Arm Rows

-Bentover Rows

-Rows@Corner

-Seated Rows

-Incline Dumbbell Rows

-Standing Cable Rows

-Machine Rows

2.jpg

Shoulders/Traps/Calfs/Abs

9-29-05 / 279lbs

-Standing Calf Raises

-Seated Machine Calf Raises

-Seated Side Laterals

-Barbell Presses

-Cable Side Laterals

-Dumbbell Front Raises

-Rear Delt @pecdeck

-Rear Delt @cable

-Dumbbell shurgs

-Dumbbell Upright Rows

-Crunches

-Machine Crunhes

3.jpg

Chest

11-07-05 / 292lbs

-Dumbbell Incline Presses

-Flat Bench Press

-Dips

-Incline Bench press

-Decline Bench press

-Pec Deck

-Dumbbell Pull Overs

6.jpg

Arms

11-07-05 / 290lbs

-Rope Pushdowns

-Close Grip Bench Press

-Dips

-Wide Grip Pushdowns

-Overhead Extensions

-Reverse Grip Pushdowns

-Preacher Curls

-Alt. Curls

-Barbell Curls

-One Arm Preacher Curls

-Hammer Curls

-Machine Preacher Curls

4.jpg

Legs

12-17-05 / 293lbs

-Leg Extensions

-Leg Press

-Hack Squats

-Front Squats

-Walking Lunges

-Leg Extensions

-Seated Leg Curls

-Lying Leg Curls

-Dumbell Stiff-Legged Deadlifts

-Wide Stanced Leg Press

-Standing Leg Curls

5.jpg

Kæft mand den har lige reddet Lørdags underholdningen når den udkommer :w00t: must have...... arghhhh :tongue4:

Og den volume han høvler af.... kæft jeg gad godt brænde med Cutler :crazy_pilot:

Den ér udkommet, kender et par stykker som har bestilt den. :smile:

Tog lige nogle screencaps fra extra materialet.

post-680-1143269068_thumb.jpg

post-680-1143269082_thumb.jpg

post-680-1143269101_thumb.jpg

post-680-1143269121_thumb.jpg

post-680-1143269139_thumb.jpg

post-680-1143269156_thumb.jpg

Edited by Johnny Bravo

Review fra BBD

I sat down and watched it yesterday. Overall I will say it’s probably the best bodybuilding movie I’ve seen in awhile. I’ve seen all of Jays films as well as all of Ronnies, and I can easily say it’s a better than those. I know a lot of people were wondering if Jay trains heavy in the movie, or if he just pussy’s around for the camera, well he definitely is going all out in this video. The video starts four weeks out from the Olympia, and shows how Jay mentally and physically prepares for the contest. The great part about the video is how it isn’t all gym footage, rather it goes from hardcore training to Jay playing with his dogs, cooking food, shopping, etc.

In my opinion, the reason “One Step Closer” is so different from Jays last videos, is because Jay seems to enjoy interacting with the camera and explains things a lot more, he also appears a lot happier compared to previous videos. I liked seeing the backstage footage of the Olympia, and it was interesting to see how quiet and calm it is backstage before the big show. You don’t really see Jay interact with other bodybuilders, he just seems focused on what he has to do on stage. Although, they don’t show his onstage Olympia routine, they do show Jay immediately after the contest, and how disappointed his is after taking second place. He kept saying “this is bullshit, bullshit”. Following the Olympia, there is a “celebration” dinner with Jays family and friends. And the next morning, the go out for breakfast.

During the film, he drops some funny/random facts, like how he only uses plastic silverware because the he doesn’t like hot silverware on his teeth, and he also said he brushes teeth 10 times a day, also while dieting for the Olympia he was eating about 30 pound of fish every week. During the segment of “Jays Typical Day”, it shows what Jay does on from day to day (outside the gym), like shopping at Costco, preparing his meals, filling out all the orders from his website (yes, he does all the packaging and mailing). In fact, while autographing some photos, he mentions a random fan named Joshua Carter from Arkansas, just to show that he indeed personally signs everything himself. After that, he goes and cashes his Mr. Olympia check at the bank ($93k), and while making small talk with the bank teller, he jokingly says that the Olympia is “fixed” and “the same guys wins every year”. At the end of the second DVD, there is a 6 minute “outtakes” segment which is good for a few laughs.

I skipped over a lot of time, but with literally hours of training footage, it’d be hard to cover everything. But overall, it was a pretty good flick. $35 for 6 hours of video isn’t too bad. I would have liked to seen a better DVD cover, but other than that I can’t complain.