GPP

cookie_sq

Hej Jeppe,

Du er sikkert blevet en smule vildledt af alt Louie Simmon's snak om brug af slæden og lignede redskaber.

GPP/SPP er så at sige en klassificering af specificitet og overførsel til en given sportsgren.

Dette betyder at hvad, der er GPP for én sportsgren, kan være SPP for en anden.

Somregelt opdeles, der yderligere i G, GS og S. Altså General, General Specific og Specific.

GPP <-----------------------------------------------------------> SPP (Main competition excercise) (Høj dynamisk korrespondance)

Classification of the Means

By James Smith

www.powerdevelopmentinc.com In regards to strength training for sport; many comparisons and arguments have been initiated in reference to the Olympic weight lifts and their derivatives and the power lifts and their derivatives. Such debates are futile and often commenced by individuals who lack a fundamental understanding of the transference of various types of exercise to sports form.

First, all means (exercises) must be classified as general, general specific, or specific.

General means qualify as those which do not directly assist in perfecting or developing sport skill; but rather, serve to develop general physical qualities such as general work capacity, muscle cross-section, increased bone density, connective tissue strength, flexibility/mobility, etc.

General Specific means qualify as those which match the energy system demands (speed of muscle contraction, duration of effort, etc) of the sport skill and some or all of the active musculature yet do not match the amplitude and direction of the sport skill.

Specific means qualify as those which exactly match the amplitude and direction of the sport skill and, correspondingly, develop the special work capacity and have a direct effect on the development of sport skill.

Following are some examples of various means and their classification relative to different sporting disciplines:

American Football (Linemen)

• General- Olympic lifts, power lifts, any other lift performed with barbells, dumbbells, kettlebells , etc
  • General Specific- pushing a weighted implement (e.g. sled, tire, special training apparatus, etc), performing intermittent contact/hitting drills, game simulation wearing a weighted vest, etc for 4-10 second repetitions
  • Specific- one on one contests against an opponent for 4-10 second repetitions

Track and Field (100m)

• General- Olympic lifts, power lifts, any other lift performed with barbells, dumbbells, kettle bells, etc
  • General Specific- double/single leg bounds, jumps, landings, depth jumps, alternating bounds, sprints wearing a weighted belt or vest, sprints up a mild grade, etc
  • Specific- variable intensity sprints over different distances

Track and Field (Shot, Disc, Hammer)

• General- Power lifts, rows with barbells, dumbbells, kettlebells, presses/swings with dumbbells, kettlebells, GHR, pull ups, back raises, step ups, lunges, jumps onto a box, bounds, landings, depth jumps, etc
  • General Specific- Olympic lifts, powerlifts performed explosively with submaximal weight, weighted throws heavier or lighter then the competition implement, medicine ball throws, kettle bell throws, etc
  • Specific- variable intensity throws (Range Throwing RE A.P. Bondarchuk) with the competition implement

Track and Field (High Jump)

• General- Power lifts, Olympic lifts, any other lift performed with barbells, dumbbells, kettle bells, etc
  • General Specific- any bounds, jumps, weighted jumps, depth jumps, etc other then the competition exercise
  • Specific- high jumps over various heights

Olympic Weightlifting

• General- rows with barbells, dumbbells, kettlebells, presses/swings with dumbbells, kettlebells, GHR, pull ups, back raises, step ups, lunges, jumps onto a box, bounds, landings, depth jumps, etc
  • General Specific- front squat, back squat, overhead squat, box squat, SS Bar squat, cambered bar squat, squatting a barbell suspended in chains, squatting a barbell resting on pins, GM's, GM out of chains, GM off of pins, bench press with different grips, incline/decline bench press, push press, military press, overhead press off of pins/out of chains, jerk from stands, power jerk (if split jerk is used in competition), split jerk (if power jerk is used in competition), clean from blocks, clean from hang, power clean, snatch from blocks, deadlift with snatch/clean grip off of blocks, floor, suspended in chains, pulls with snatch/clean grip from hang/floor/off boxes/out of chains, snatch from hang, power snatch, accommodating resistance with bands and/or chains, lightened method with bands, contrast method with weight releasers, etc
  • Specific- Snatch and C&J with varied intensities

Powerlifting

• General- rows with barbells, dumbbells, kettlebells, presses/swings with dumbbells, kettlebells, GHR, pull ups, back raises, step ups, lunges, jumps onto a box, bounds, landings, depth jumps, etc
  • General Specific- bench presses with different grips, board presses, floor presses, incline presses, decline presses, overhead presses, pressing a barbell suspended in chains, box squats, front squats, full squats, SS Bar squats, cambered bar squats, squatting a barbell suspended in chains, squatting a barbell resting on pins, GM's, GM out of chains, GM off of pins, GM with specialty barbells, deadlift off of boxes, pins, chains, bench pressing/squatting/deadlifting with gear that is stronger or weaker then the competition gear, accommodating resistance with bands and/or chains, lightened method with bands, contrast method with weight releasers, etc
  • Specific- competition squat, bench press, deadlift with competition gear and varied intensities

In reference to the material listed above, one may conclude that the sport skill must determine the classification of the means. Consequently, a general means for one sport discipline may qualify as a general specific or specific means for another sport discipline. Any arguments initiated over general means must, correspondingly, be initiated solely by those individuals who have a grossly insufficient understanding of the training process; as general means have little effect on the perfection of sport skill. This fact is demonstrated in the physical preparation of American football players in the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA). Various Division 1 teams which have a history of winning/competing in national championships (for their respective divisions) all utilize widely varying means and methods of strength training in their weight rooms. These same organizations; however, all have excellent recruiting capabilities and top level coaching. Consequently, the process of deduction allows any intelligent individual to realize that what is done in the weight room, no matter how optimal, orthopedically sound, or absurd, has very little correlation with the success of the football teams who have the luxury of being populated by the most gifted athletes and coaches. Here we see the glaring lack of impact which General means have on the highly qualified athlete's perfection of sport skill.

A careful analysis of the physiology, biomechanics, etc of sport skill allows the coach to understand what classifications of training means to employ at what volume/intensity throughout the training year. Former Soviet and Eastern Bloc scientists, coaches, and athletes have, for years, (at the Olympic level) demonstrated the significance of programming various means and methods, ranging in transference to sports form, throughout the yearly cycle.

Conjugate Sequencing (illustrated in Table 1 and modeled towards collegiate American Football) allows one to observe a visual representation of the percentage of the training load comprised of General (G), General Specific (GS), and Specific (S) methodics throughout the year cycle.

Sequence of Training Blocks

Concentrated

G

G

GS

GS

S

S

Distributed

G

GS

GS/G

S

S

S

Distributed

GS

S

S

GS/G

GS

S

Distributed

S

G

G

G

G

GS/G

Comp

In reference to Table 1 we may conclude that G means are emphasized early in the prepatory period with GS and S means trained at an ancillary capacity. GS is the next regime of means to become emphasized as the competitive season approaches with S moving up the chain of priority and G dropping down to ancillary capacity. During pre-comp and comp S comprises the greatest concentration of the training load with GS and G retaining ancillary training load/intensity until the comp season where S and G comprise the majority of the training load.

Important to note is that spring ball is not accounted for in the loading of Table 1. If spring ball were to be accounted for one would observe a spike in S means, up to concentrated loading, midway through the sequence of training blocks followed by a decay back down to an ancillary status until pre-comp.

To put this into a more meaningful context with respect to the sport (American Football); we see that weight training initiates the off-season training at a concentrated capacity and sequentially comprises less of the volume/intensity of the training load as the comp season approaches. During the actual comp season the weight work does not comprise any significant volume (relatively speaking) of the training load intensity; as the primary function of the weight training during comp phase is to maintain the contractile strength of muscle tissue developed in the prior training blocks. During the comp phase weight training will also play a key role in prehabilitation and rehabilitation protocols. The GS means serve a vital function for bridging the gap between G and S and are extremely effective for developing the motor functions inherent to sport form. The 'general' aspect of the GS means, however, introduce motor patterns distant enough from sport form so as to avoid overuse injury which would be likely to occur as a result of cumulative/repetitive stress effect if S was emphasized year round. As comp phase enters; however, the training load volume of GS means are reduced, along with G means, as the S means comprise the vast majority of the training load intensity.

In order to provide any useful insights we must introduce meaningful and specific context. Accordingly, it is important to note that the Table 1 merely outlines one particular plan for the acyclic sport discipline of American Football and that the planning for one sport discipline must not be considered a universal template for other sport disciplines; specifically when considering acyclic and cyclic activities.

The classification of means is absolutely fundamental for the successful programming of the training load for any sport discipline. Consequently, any coach whose responsibility lies in developing the physical abilities of any sportsman must exercise the programming skill to integrate various methodics at varying degrees of the training load intensity throughout the yearly cycle. Here we see the value of not only physical but tactical (planning/strategy) and technical (regulation of GS and S means) preparation. The development of these qualities, along with psychological preparedness, is inherent to the multi-faceted PASM.

The classification of the means is inherent to optimal programming and the regulation of the intensive components of the training load. Debating over General means, this lift or that lift is an elementary undertaking which serves no useful purpose in the training of any athlete.

The training process is an organic whole. General, General Specific, and Specific means must be accounted for in the overall plan regardless of which coaches regulate which regimes of work. As a result, the athletes will be optimally primed for, and throughout, the competitive phase.

Edited by Athlete X

Du kan nemt lave en slæde hvis du vil. Kør ned til en bilhandler og hent et brugt dæk (gratis) og så køb noget snor hos harald nyborg, det fungerer udmærket. Bor nogle huller i dækket og sæt en lille træplade ind så trækket på dækket bliver fordelt. Og du kan jo bruge nærmest alt som ekstra vægt. Almindelige eleikoskiver passer perfekt på toppen.

Ellers også rigtigt godt svar af athlete-x :wink:

Hej Jeppe,

Du er sikkert blevet en smule vildledt af alt Louie Simmon's snak om brug af slæden og lignede redskaber.

GPP/SPP er så at sige en klassificering af specificitet og overførsel til en given sportsgren.

Dette betyder at hvad, der er GPP for én sportsgren, kan være SPP for en anden.

Somregelt opdeles, der yderligere i G, GS og S. Altså General, General Specific og Specific.

GPP <-----------------------------------------------------------> SPP (Main competition excercise) (Høj dynamisk korrespondance)

Takker. Men hvad skal jeg så lave på mine off dage? Der står jo en masse support øvelse nævnt som jeg lave på mine gym dage. Jeg træner en standard ME understel mandag, ME bænk onsdag, DE understel fedag, DE overkrop søndag .

Så har i nogle mere specifikke forslag til noget på off dagene?

Takker. Men hvad skal jeg så lave på mine off dage? Der står jo en masse support øvelse nævnt som jeg lave på mine gym dage. Jeg træner en standard ME understel mandag, ME bænk onsdag, DE understel fedag, DE overkrop søndag .

Så har i nogle mere specifikke forslag til noget på off dagene?

Først må du spørge dig selv om hvad du vil opnå ved de ekstra workouts på "off-dagene"?

Korte pauser, circuit training, så skal du nok få det du ønsker ud af det.

Sheiko skulle efter sigende anbefale en hel del generel træning mellem træningspas for løftere på lavt niveau.

Gåture, andre former for sport, bevægelighedstræning. Må lige se om jeg kan finde et link til hvad Boris siger.

Er der nogen der kan komme med konkrete forslag til GPP som kan laves på off dage?

Du kan eventuelt bruge GPP til at forbedre svagheder hvis du har sådanne. Masser af reps med lav vægt for bedre blodgennemstrømning, mobilitetsøvelser som poul er inde på osv.

• 9 months later...

undskyld men GPP er vel et udtryk for en bestemt periode i et periodiseret program = generel preparation periode.

Kører man conjugatet periodisering så har man jo ikke disse periode inddelinger.

I atletik kører man ofte en blanding, hvor man i perioder har mere fokus på gpp og mindre på fokus spp. Man laver således mere vægttræning i GGP perioden og mindre i SSP perioden.

I GGP periode vender man tilbage til generel kvaliteter der er nødvendig i forbindelse med ens reaktion på den specifike træning eller ens helbred. Har man nået et punkt på ens lats ikke rykker sig mere styrkemæssigt, men er en begrænsende faktor for ens bænkpress vil man være nødtil at vende tilbage til noget mere generelt hypotrofi træning. Hvis man trænet det samtidig med det andet vil det have en negativ effekt på ens bænkpress. Den anden vej rundt vil for store neural udtrætning også have betydning for ens mulighed for at skabe hyptrofi på latsene. Et mindre relevant eksempel er fedmemæssige problemer der giver problemer med helbredet. Her kunne gå tur være et eksempel på træning, der kunne være med til at hjælpe en med at forbrænde mere på en dag og således hjælpe på det. Som regelt vil det ikke have en negativ effekt. Slæde arbejde som høje intensiv træning som vi ser det på performance hjemmesider vil tilgengæld have en negativ effekt på den anden træning. Specielt hvis man ikke har medregnet risiko faktor såsom overvægt, dårlig alignment på et ben, svag glut mid.

Jeg er dybt uenig med artiklen. Der er en god ide at overveje risiko faktorer i forbindelse med ensidig træning i forhold til ens livs krav. Spiller man fodbold 1 gang om ugen udover styrkeløfte skal man nok tænke sigen træning anderledes.

Det er ikke GGP at begynde til yoga. Hans beskrivelse af GGP er også direkte forkert. GGP har som athlete X skriver intet at gøre med specifik aktiviteter, men med en specifik periode. Bruger man GGP i forbindelse med et conjugat program vil på kortsigt nedsætte ens præstation og måske på lang sigt forbedre den. "Måske" fordi det afhænger af hvad man laver.

En typisk fejl for sports udøver er at de undervurdere hvad den ensidig træning de laver gør ved kroppen. Anden sport i forbindelse med styrkeløfter giver øget chance for skader. Når vi løber er de bevægelser vi laver om mange flere akser end styrkeløft, vi rotere langt mere end vi tror osv. Det gør at man er stærk i vidt forskellige dele af sener, musklerne og ligamenter.

mulige skader: fibresprægning, tenditis, korsbånds skader.

Edited by RuneB

Man fjerner eller educerer kraftigt GPP imod en konkurrence for at sikre alle ens restitutions ressourcer går til at tilpasse sig konkurencens specifikke krav og for at peake. GPP vil erstattes af ren aktiv restitution i højere eller lavere grad alt efter hvor atleten er i sin udvikling som atlet (set i forhold til atletens aktive karriere).

Det er ret logisk, dog vil jeg sige inden for styrkesport kan man lave meget mere GPP lang henne i fasen end i mange andre sportsgrene. Særligt i forhold til hvad der har været normen i Danmark.

Normalt ville man da kører følgende periodisering.

GPP

SPP

Competetion fase

Så når man fjerner GPP så er det for at give plads mål til specifike mål i forbindelse med SPP.

Ved SPP til Competition fase fjerner man istedet f.eks. hjælpe øvelser, som man har kørt en progression på.

Det du mener må være at der ikke er så stor forskel på disse perioder.