TRS - Pullup FANatic!

TRS

Hello Engin,

I am interested does anyone knows how John Brzenk trains now?

As I know he trains 1 session of armwrestling and 2 sessions in gym per week.

Armwrestling is for about an hour, two at most, and gym is only for recovery. In gym he does 1 set in each excercise, to full exhausion, which comes on the 12 rep. Everything for about 30 minutes to hour max. Also he does about 200 reps with grippers per day, if he feels well that day.

This is a summary from a message board, but this information is old, and it's not full. It is interesting how long does he rest between the sets and does he do the same like before?

What are the last changes he did to his training program?

This is how he trains forearm outside the table:

"Hand grippers every day, and dumb bell wrist curls, normally at the end of my work out, which is twice a week. I do one set with 50 lbs until I can?t do anymore. Along with once a week training on the table armwrestling this is my training for hand and wrist strength. When I do wrist curls I let my wrist drop, but I do not roll the bar out onto my fingers. I do believe muscles have memory and should be conditioned for their application. But I'm not sure this would apply doing wrist curls half way. I think you would want to stretch the forearm muscles fully. One of the main things you want to accomplish exercising the forearm is not only to strengthen for holding a specific position, but maybe as important, develop an aerobic endurance. Working the forearms so they don't feel that pump when you stress them out armwrestling. Of course this is just my opinion..." J.Brzenk

Guest Slettet_26102014

"Also he does about 200 reps with grippers per day, if he feels well that day."

- Altså kun 200 reps når han føler sig ovenpå :laugh:

[ youtube ] kopier alt tekst efter = i linket [ / youtube ]

Selvfølgelig uden mellemrum.

Edited by colaze

Sternum chins:

BW x 5 x 6

Sternum pulls:

BW x 5 x 6

Sternum rykker godt og grundt i latten..

Chins:

BW x 10, 8, 6, 4, 2

Pulls smal:

BW x 8, 6, 4, 2

I næste uger skruer jeg lidt ned for volumen og op for intensiteten. Føles som om styrken er faldet en smule efter alle de reps..

/OUT

Workout #2:

400 walking lunges for time!

Tid: 13:36:44

Edited by therealstud

Guest Slettet_26102014

Sternum chins:

BW x 5 x 6

Sternum pulls:

BW x 5 x 6

Sternum rykker godt og grundt i latten..

Chins:

BW x 10, 8, 6, 4, 2

Pulls smal:

BW x 8, 6, 4, 2

I næste uger skruer jeg lidt ned for volumen og op for intensiteten. :4thumbup: Føles som om styrken er faldet en smule efter alle de reps..

/OUT

Jeg tillader mig lige at poste film. Jeg var selv helt lost.

170809:

Dips:

Bw x 1 x 5

5 x 1 x 5

10 x 1 x 5

20 x 1 x 3

30 x 1 x 3

45 x 1 x 3

Bw x 1 x 10

Hack sq:

BW x 3 x 10

16 x 3 x 10

Chins:

Bw x 1 x 5

5 x 1 x 5

10 x 1 x 5

20 x 1 x 3

25 x 1 x 3

30 x 1 x 2

BW x 1 x 10

- Chins blev lavet under trappen på en kant!

Good mornings:

BW x 6 x 5

Neck curls:

16kg x 3 x 6

Double wheel rollouts:

BW x 2 x 15

1 arm wheel rollouts:

BW x 2 x 6

Nail bending:

7 stk a forskellige str!

Til slut lidt levering og 40 sek HS!

Første gang i LANG tid jeg har sluttet en workout med så stort et overskud :4thumbup: ..

Edited by therealstud

Fik nye søm igår :4thumbup: :superman: ..

Glæder mig VANVITTIGT til min ryg igen vil lade mig lege med KB!!

Kettlebell training?

Posted 08-12-2009 at 03:42 PM by Adam T Glass

Updated 08-16-2009 at 10:37 PM by birdy

Tags adam t glass, kettle bells, kettlebell, swing, tgu, unbreakable

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It has all the features of a Fad- Everywhere you look, you see it. Every one you know if doing it. Every site has features and articles on it. Everyone is trying to sell you a book, DVD, or another one.

Kettlebells!!! Just another fad?

Well i can see as i type this it truly sounds like one, but make no mistake- this is real, and its good.

Many of the people who will read this piece on straighttothebar.com are already using kettlebells, or at least have some familiar knowledge of them and the people who use them. I am writing this in case you have not.

Instead of taking a lot of time and telling you history or why kettlebells, i want to talk about "why kettlebells for You"

YOU- the power lifter. Your strong. You know that, everyone who knows you knows that. So why do you want to lift kettlebells? Superior heart burning cardio that will not make you feel like a hamster. Cardio that does not look like cardio, does not feel like it either. It feels like a fist fight (one your winning of course) it feels like running that last 10 yards to score a winning touch down. It feels STRONG. I know you don't run anywhere and i will not try to convert you to that nonsense. But i do want your heart strong, and your lungs strong. The kettlebell swing is your one stop shop. And guess what? You don't need more than one kettlebell. For most men, a 24kg bell will be all they need. One arm swings and snatches for 5-8 minutes a day, call it good.

What about you-the body weight guy. I am sure there is a more fitting name for you, please excuse my ignorance. What can a KB do for you when you can get your workout anywhere anytime? Closed chain and open chain explosive movements, particularly pulling movements on your feet. There is no body weight training solution for the deadlift pattern. Specific to this pattern is the hip hinge with posterior weight shift. I am talking about sticking your hips back to load the hamstrings and glutes. You can do hindu squats for several hours, i know-but this pattern is very important for your spinal health and total strength picture. The Kettlebell swing will build this pattern.

You there, the Olympic lifter. You have an explosive hip drive, great shoulder and hip mobility. What can the kettlebell offer you? Cardio and mobility drills that are almost identical to your strongest patterns. The Kettlebell snatch will improve your power and endurance, and the Turkish Get Up will injury proof your shoulders. You already know the rule- PLs retire from back injury, O lifters from Shoulder injury. Let this proven drill work for you.

The big guy, the body builder I know you really don't care as much about your numbers on the bar, you concern yourself with the numbers on the scale. Your training schedule and ultimate success will rest on your ability to remain injury free. Every injury brings you farther and farther away from contest shape. The Turkish get up will help you. By mobilizing your T-Spine and stabilizing your scapula, i know your less likely to get hurt pressing and rowing. The goblet squat will improve your squats and deadlifts by teaching you a cleaner groove. The king of exercise--the KB snatch, will burn calories faster than any treadmill while carving sharp hard muscles through out your back, hamstrings, and delts.

And to you Ma'am, the marathon runner. I know you don't want to look like a man. And you don't care about lifting weights. and because you are mostly worried about running you are even thinking about T-spine mobility or hip mobility. I will not leave you out. Contra lateral single leg deadlifts will balance your gait and equip you with a stride that is more efficient. You will do more work with less effort, equaling a better run time. Turkish get ups and swings will work your entire backside and improve your posture. Finally do not count out the powerful effect of high rep snatches on your already strong heart.

To all my brothers, the crazy guys who think pinching blocks of metal is cool, sqeezing heavy grippers is fun, and destroying perfectly good wrenches makes for a great day: Your grip will be stronger than ever after you get comfortable swinging a kettlebell at maximum speed. When a given weight is easy, put on a wool mitten. Its no random circumstance that one of the best grip athletes in America is also one of the best Kettlebell Sport competitors in America.

So this is a small sampling of kettlebells. I only singled out one or two drills here, do you see a common thread? Of course- the swing and the get up. All athletic movement comes from a powerful hip hinge. All shoulder health starts from a mobile spine, mobile shoulder joint, and stable shoulder blade. We all need a stronger heart, stronger lungs. Basically all humans need the same thing-how you get it is up to you.

Two drills, look at the application. Did i miss you? Please drop a comment if your wondering what specifics would best apply to you for your sport. Why do 10 drills if 2 is all you need? Why train on a machine that was never built for you, when you can throw around and dominate a piece of iron?

Would you like to know more? I offer online coaching and program design, telephone consultation, and performance workshops. Please contact me at [email protected] if you need anything.

ATG

Guest Slettet_26102014
Fik nye søm igår :4thumbup: :superman: ..

Nail bending:

4,6 x 130 mm @ 2 stk - let opvarmning

7,0 x 210 mm @ 1 stk - Ny PR, modbydeligt søm :devil::superman: :4thumbup:

Hahahaha din log giver mig så optur på makker!

Skal vi snart se en film med champen i bøje søm aktion?

190809:

Bænk:

5 x 20 kg

5 x 40

5 x 60

3 x 70

3 x 80

3 x 90

10 x 50

- Bænk har aldrig været min stærke side, men det kan simpelthen ikke være rigtigt at min lillebror løfter mere end mig .. Kan mærke det snart er tid til PR i diskopres :devil: ..

ALT

Good mornings:

8, 8, 8, 8, 8 x mig

Chins:

5 x mig

5 x 5 kg

5 x 10

3 x 15

3 x 20

3 x 24

10 x mig

ALT

Hack SQ:

10, 10 x mig

8, 8, 8 x 24

Go træning afsluttet med overskud!! Grip later..

# 2:

Wheel rollouts:

15, 15 x mig

1 arm rollouts:

6, 6 x mig

Nail bending:

4 forskellige søm bukket med forskellige teknikker. Min hænder trænger til at par dage off ..

Edited by therealstud

Ring muscle ups:

- 15 min @ 1 rpm

5 min rest

- 15 min @ 1 rpm

5 min rest

- 6 min @ 1 rpm

Ville ha haft 15 reps i sidste sæt også men armene ku ik mere..

Coc 1 x 5/5, 5/5

Coc 2 x 1/1, 1/1, 1/1

BW sq OL style:

10 x 10

Neck curls:

8, 8, 8 x 16 kg

Edited by therealstud

Ring muscle ups:

strict eller med kip?

Coc 2 x 1/1, 1/1, 1/1

Sgu da meget godt - ikke mindst at du kan trykke den med begge hænder.

Jeg kan i første forsøg være meget tæt på at lukke #2 med højre, men er ca en km fra med venstre (dvs cirka 1 cm :wink:). Meget stor styrkeforskel på H. og V.

240809:

Bænk:

5 x 20kg

5 x 40

5 x 60

3 x 70

3 x 80

3 x 95

10 x 50

Tactical chins:

5 x mig

5 x 5 kg